Now accepting applications for Applications for TDC/A Grant Panelists
Deadline September 6, 2013
Download the Application here!
The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County is now accepting applications for individuals interested in serving on the panel for Sarasota County’s Tourist Development Cultural/Arts grants program.
Grant panelists should have a broad range of expertise and experience in the artistic and management areas of the arts, such as visual arts, performing arts, arts and cultural administration, business, finance, marketing or tourism. We are in particular need of performing and visual artists to serve on the panel this year as well as representatives from South County. Typically, an overview session is held in October to assign projects, with an in-depth orientation in March and applicant interviews in the spring (April-May). Panelists must also be able to attend a variety of arts and cultural events throughout the year.
For more information contact the Alliance’s Communications Manager, Danae DeShazer at (941) 365-5118 or ddeshazer@SarasotaArts.org. The deadline for applications is September 6, 2013.
FY2014 TDC/A GRANT CYCLE IS CLOSED. Thank you to all those that applied.
Click here to view the Grant Recipients!
GRANTS FOR FY2015 WILL OPEN IN JANUARY 2014.
Ever wonder where those tourist tax dollars go?
Some of the revenues directly fund Sarasota County arts and cultural organizations to offer high quality programming that continues to attract tourists to our area. The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Sarasota County (formerly Sarasota County Arts Council) administers a little more than one million dollars each year in Tourist Development Cultural/Arts (TDC/A) grants.
Grants are available to organizations with recognized ability to produce, present and promote cultural and arts activities that appeal to tourists.
Highlights from the Guidelines require that organizations:
* have a completed one full year of arts/cultural programming as a Florida registered non-profit prior to application deadline,
* make the project accessible to the public and to disabled persons,
* demonstrate that the project has artistic/cultural purpose,
* demonstrate that the project is designed to attract tourists,
* be exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code,
* and match the dollar amount requested on a dollar-for-dollar basis, showing revenue specifically contributed for the program (25% of match may be in-kind for smaller organizations).
Click here to view the complete list of requirements and the TDC/A Guidelines for FY14.
New applicants are encouraged to contact Fern Tavalin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about the program qualifications and requirements.