Do you have an audition opportunity you would like to post on the SarasotaArts.org Website? Submit your information to:
Marketing Designer - ArtCenter Manatee Vibrant visual arts center in downtown Bradenton seeks a well-rounded marketing designer for part-time freelance work. Design for email, print and web using MailChimp, Indesign, Photoshop and WordPress. Ability to write, take great photos and shoot and edit video spots. Flexible, creative environment. Send a few of your best samples (jpg or PDF) along with your resume and cover letter to Carla@artcentermanatee.org. No phone calls, please.
Marietta Museum of Art and Whimsy
The Marietta Museum of Art and Whimsy is a 501(c)3 non-profit art museum. The Museum, founded by Marietta (“Mary”) Lee, opened in October 2010 and now attracts approximately 14,000 visitors per year. The Museum is run by Mary with the help of two full time employees and over 50 part time volunteers. It is open to the public three days a week from October thru May. The Museum’s annual operating budget is $400,000. Over the past few years, the Museum has added an extensive sculpture garden and additional exhibit space. Additional parking has also been added to accommodate the growing number of visitors. Currently a museum gift shop and café are under construction. Mission: To operate an extraordinary art and whimsical museum for the public by collecting, preserving, and exhibiting works of artistic and whimsical importance and to educate our visitors about our culture, history and environment and to inspire, challenge, nurture creative expression and lift our spirits.
Job Description: Manager of Administration & Finance Administration: Finances:
- Assist Museum Director and Founder with all aspects of running the Museum
- Recruit, select, supervise, manage and evaluate performance of office staff and volunteers
- Developing and implement Museum policies (including employee and volunteer handbooks) and processes
- Manage insurance policies
- Coordinate schedules and appointments
- Maintain office and building systems and supplies
- Develop fundraising goals and oversee fundraising activities
- Direct Collections Management using “Past Perfect” software
- Prepare and manage budgets
- Generate Profit & Loss and other reports for the Board
- Manage payroll with “Paychecks Flex-Online”
- Manage “Quick Books for Non Profits” for bill paying and preparing checks weekly
- Reconcile Quick Books accounts monthly
- Manage cash flow
- Prepare IRS Form 990-PF reports Education: MBA or commensurate experience
Experience: 3-5 years nonprofit position with experience in administration, accounting and employee supervision
Hours: Full time year round position
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education
Please respond to: email@example.com No phone calls
Hiring Full/Part-Time Actors for work year round! Lots of Perks!
We are looking for new MALE and FEMALE Talent! Ages 18+ non-union work. YOU MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION TO QUALIFY AS SHOWS ARE REGULARLY HELD IN ENGLEWOOD. This is a fantastic opportunity that will provide the following: Each of our actors has the opportunity to act in up to 300 shows per year, with no show minimum required. This means that they may participate in as few or as many shows as they desire, an excellent arrangement for actors with separate non-industry employment or those interested in taking on additional projects. The Murder Mystery Company also pays a base $75/per performance and pays via direct deposit. We also reimburse gas and pay for travel expenses. If you choose to travel to a non-local performance we will handle flights and lodging. The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Our shows run year round with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to give our repeat customers something new to look forward to.
Auditions will be held Wednesday, April 29th.
These are scheduled auditions.
Please either respond to this post or submit your head shot and theatrical resume with the subject heading "Sarasota Auditions" to murdermysterylisa@gmail (dot) com to be considered.
Open Call: Dancers of all experience levels!
PURE Sarasota is a group of volunteer dancers and musicians who bring dance and music to the community, often in the form of "guerrilla style" flash mobs. We are an international organization with chapters in New York, New Mexico, Portland OR, Taiwan, Mexico City, and Tokyo. We dance for a variety of charity organizations and often host special dance shows to fund raise for different causes. We have been asked by Selah Freedom Sarasota to prepare a special dance for their human trafficking survivors and volunteers. This dance will acknowledge the problem, speak to the survivors' experiences, and celebrate the acceptance and support of the survivors. Our plan is to involve participants in the creation of both the story and the choreography, giving them the opportunity to learn not only about dance but also about choreography creation and design.
We are looking for dancers of every experience level who are interested in the project to join us. Rehearsal dates are as follows: November 6th and 20th; December 4th, 7th & 18th; January 8th, 11th, 15th & 18th. Thursday rehearsals happen from 7 - 9 pm and Sunday rehearsals happen from 2 - 4 pm. The performance date for this project is Friday, February 20th.
Please contact Misha Nell firstname.lastname@example.org (941) - 587 - 3361 for rehearsal location and more details.
Amanda Heisey, Communications Manager
(941) 365-5118 ext.304
Below you will find a list of current jobs in the arts, as well as links to other local and national organizations that have helpful resources and job banks.
Florida Studio Theatre, a professional LORT D regional Theatre in Sarasota, FL, is seeking qualified applicants for an Equity Stage Manager. The Right candidate will have a high degree of responsibility and will be organized, personable and mature, with 5-10 years of professional experience. This is not an entry level position. The job initially runs November 10, 2016-February 21, 2016 (with a possible extension) but further dates or other shows could be added. FST, one of Florida's leading professional theatres, operates five stages, the 237 seat Gompertz Theatre, the 173 seat Keating Theatre, the 110 seat Court Theatre, the 109 seat Goldstein Theatre, and the 100 seat Bowne Lab Theatre. For more information on the Theatre, check out our website at www.floridastudiotheatre.org. Email cover letter and resume with references to: James Ashford, Casting & Hiring Coordinator, EMAIL – email@example.com.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR/CONDUCTOR The Venice Chorale
The Venice Chorale, Exsultate! is seeking an Artistic Director with advanced knowledge of and experience in conducting, choral literature, and voice production; teaching, organizational, and planning skills; and the ability to work with an all-volunteer, professional-quality organization. Exsultate! and its smaller ensemble Jubilate! perform quality music chosen by the Artistic Director who challenges and expands the singers’ knowledge and repertoire, to provide an enjoyable and stimulating musical experience for the audience. Performing for the second season in the Venice Performing Arts Center, the chorale begins its 14th regular three-concert season in December. Visit www.exsultate.org for more information. The chorale has a valued, close relationship with the Venice High choral department, and the chorale’s unique Apprentice Program helps fund music education for 5 apprentices annually, the students chosen by audition to fully participate as singers in Exsultate! for the season. Exsultate! also sponsors a Youth Chorus of talented students in grades 4-8, selected by audition and directed by Kathleen Crane in its upcoming 3rd season.
Deadline for applications is August 7, 2015. Please send cover letter with resume to: Venice, Florida 34284-1004 Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Development and Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Works Closely With: Development Director and Development Administrator
Position Summary: The Development and Executive Assistant will provide administrative and project support to the Executive Director. He/she is also responsible for all administrative aspects of development department, donor records, acknowledgements and assisting with the fulfillment of donor benefits. Scope and Impact The Development and Executive Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director on selected projects, as well as be primary administrative contact. The position also plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Development department and participating in all fundraising activities including donor identification, cultivation and stewardship, lists for direct mail appeals, and special events. Principal Accountabilities
- Maintain the Executive Director’s day to day schedule and provide support to him in selected areas.
- Be responsible for the execution of special projects under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Represent the Executive Director as directed.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain individual donor files as directed.
- Billing, processing and maintenance of pledges and payment reminders.
- Update and correct database records.
- Conduct research for prospect identification.
- Coordinate production and supplies for various appeal mailings.
- Answer donor questions regarding benefits and tax related issues.
- Update procedure manuals based on current usage.
- Assist at donor events, special events, and performances.
- Assist with donor benefit fulfillments.
- Monitor matching gifts programs.
- Monitor and reorder supplies/materials.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development, Development Administrator, Executive Director or designee. Performance measures:
- Number of donations processed and acknowledged within 24 to 48 hours.
- Success in maintaining accuracy of database records.
- Knowledge of donors and new relationships developed.
- Accuracy of reports.
- Success in coordinating the production of direct mail appeals.
- Success in maintaining donor hard copy files.
- Timeliness in fulfillment of administrative support to Executive Director.
- Success in projects assigned by the Executive Director.
- Appropriate representation of the company and the Executive Director with patrons, donors, and other contacts. Hours of Work: Full-time, required to attend events and be present after hours during the Opera Seasons. All members of the Development Team actively participate in the cultivation and stewardship of our patrons. Vacation is not granted during periods when we are performing. Required Skills
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in a related field.
- A minimum of three years' experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for- profit development office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a must.
- Familiarity with donor management software. Knowledge and/or experience with Tessitura a plus. Accuracy is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professionalism and maturity.
- Desire to work as a part of a highly skilled team. Salary: Low $30,000’s plus benefits. EOE To Apply: Send your resume, a cover letter explaining your interest and the names and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
- Producing opera as a living art form through performances and composition,
- Offering a stage for American-trained principal artists,
- Producing high-caliber Apprentice and Studio Artist programs,
- Owning, maintaining, and operating the Opera House as a year-round facility, and
- Promoting and increasing public knowledge and appreciation of opera. In addition to striving for artistic excellence, Sarasota Opera directs itself toward becoming accessible to all segments of the greater community through coordinated artistic, educational, and social outreach programs.
Florida CraftArt in downtown St. Petersburg is accepting applications for their Gallery Manager. Do you have a discerning eye for quality fine craft, have retail management experience and love working in a team spirited environment? Florida CraftArt is a non-profit organization which represents over 300 Florida artists in the retail store and exhibition gallery. For more details about the position, please go to http://www.floridacraftart.org/artist-opportunities/gallery-manager-position/
Asolo Rep 2015-2016 Apprentice Positions Asolo Repertory Theatre
Florida’s premier professional theatre, seeks applicants for its 2015-2016 apprenticeships. Asolo Rep's apprentices work under the guidance of our exceptional staff in a supportive, professional environment. Unlike a regular internship, Apprentices are fully integrated among our staff, collaborating with senior team members for hands-on work experience within their disciplines.
Apprenticeships are offered in the following areas:
-Education & Outreach
-Literary & Dramaturgy
Full descriptions and requirements as well as more information is available on our website: www.asolorep.org/apprenticeships
Housing as well as a stipend are available for most apprenticeships. Applications for apprenticeships due no later than March 20, 2015, to be considered for the 2015-2016 season. TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO LAUREN_GROVES@ASOLO.ORG
WESTCOAST BLACK THEATRE TROUPE, Sarasota, Florida, is seeking candidates for their search for a Director of Development to steward and grow the theatre’s young fundraising program. Responsibilities include annual giving (individual and corporate), sponsorships, grants, major gifts, capital projects and special events. Position will maintain a proactive leadership role in identifying, cultivating and stewarding donors and in consult with the Executive Director, plan, implement, and promote fundraising campaigns/activities, and implement strategies for building and maximizing a diverse donor base. Bachelors with 5-7 years demonstrated incremental fundraising experience, leadership of volunteers, verbal, written and interpersonal skills, proficiency in development software and computer applications. Capital Campaign experience helpful. An ideal opportunity for an Associate Director ready to step up and lead a burgeoning program. Genuine affinity for and knowledge of theatre is essential. Submit cover letter, resume, three initial references, and writing sample to: Richard M. Parison, Jr., Executive Director, Westcoast Black Theatre, 1343 Main Street, Suite 402, Sarasota, FL 34237. No phone calls.
Ringling College of Art and Design
Click here for a complete list of full-time and part-time faculty positions with Ringling College of Art and Design.
New College of Florida
Click here for a complete list of full-time and part-time faculty positions with New College of Florida.
Want more? Try these national job search sites
Do you have an arts opportunity you would like to post on the SarasotaArts.org Website?
Submit your information to:
Amanda Heisey, Communications Manager
(941) 365-5118 ext.304